Sunday, July 01, 2007

Thoughts on vendors at ALA

Taylor Francis has yet to make contact to alert me that I won the iPhone- this is an oversight I am sure, and trust it will be remedied this week.

Several vendors schmoozed with their customer base (effectively, I might add):

Ebsco provided lunch for about 700 people, and told us about some of the new databases they would be offering soon (more on those databases later).

OCLC sponsored a Blog Salon where I met, among many others, OCLC CEO Jay Jordan

Proquest hosted a dinner for about 150 people at the National Museum of the American Indian. The museum is a very cool public space, rounded walkways and an ‘organic’ sort of feel to it.

3M hosted a dance party at the Grand Hyatt- where else could you have all ages of vendors and librarians sharing a dance floor to the sounds of Outkast and Sir Mix-A-Lot?

No comments: