Wednesday, March 28, 2007

del.icio.us

If you have not tried out this site yet, you owe it to yourself to do so.

I am using it for two reasons. First, I am not always at my computer when I want to pull up one of my bookmarked 'favorites' websites. This allows me to have them all in one place, and to provide my own subject tags (think user-created Library of Congress Subject Headings).

Second, I want to see how many other people have certain sites as their favorites, and how they are being tagged.

I have a little 'post to del.icio.us' button on my IE toolbar, so it is very easy to bookmark a site- just takes a mouse click and a few seconds to assign a tag or two per site.

There are more features of del.icio.us that I have not begun using, but will as I get more acquainted with it.

No comments: